Thursday, April 15, 2010

Norfolk Zoo and Madelyn's nursery

Joe has been able to spend lots of time at home the past couple of weeks. He is usually only scheduled a couple of days each week for night bouncing (practice landings). He is getting ready to head out on the carrier next week to get his qual again before leaving for deployment in just a week and a half. :( I am so thankful for the time he has had here at home to spend with us as a new family of 4 prior to leaving to meet his new airwing on cruise. His new cag wanted him to have a full 3 weeks at home with Madelyn before joining them on cruise and since Maddy arrived early, he's been able to have 6 weeks at home with us!!!

On Monday morning, we ventured out to the Norfolk zoo with both kids! Joseph had a great time walking all around and seeing the animals and Madelyn slept the entire time in the stroller, so it was a nice outing!








I ordered Madelyn's nursery furniture from USA Baby in Richmond on Thanksgiving weekend 2009. They estimated 12-14 weeks before the furniture would arrive, so at the latest, I was expecting it to arrive the first week of March. I fell in love with this set, so I was willing to wait that long to get it b/c I thought for sure it would be here before she was born. I was definitely in the "nesting" stage the entire month of March and just wanted to set up her room, but I couldn't without the furniture. I was disappointed when my water broke on March 18th and her furniture was still not here. :( It finally arrived on Friday, April 2nd when Madelyn was already 2 weeks old. I've been working in her room the past couple of weeks getting everything set up and I am pleased with how it looks!






Madelyn is 4 weeks old today and her bilirubin level is now at 12.2 and continues to go down! It could be another month before it completely goes away, but since it's going down we don't have to get her blood tested every few days anymore!!! I know she will LOVE not having her foot poked anymore! She's doing a great job gaining weight and now weighs 7lb 8oz (she was 6 lb 5oz at birth). She's suffering from reflux right now and we just got a prescription of zantac for her this week. We go back to the dr next week to see if we need to switch to a new med (if this one doesn't do the trick). She is still nursing every 2-3 hours so it makes for one tired mama most days, but thankfully I'm able to catch an afternoon nap some days and that helps! Well, that's all for now. Love, CC

No comments:

Post a Comment